Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

https://dev.powerbi.com/apps is not working

The site (on all browsers) is not working.

Issue.png

Comments
v-jiascu-msft
Employee

Hi @trevorgermain,

This issue is clear. I will update here later.

Best Regards,

Dale

aesculapius
Helper I

today still not working

PRoessner

Same Issue here, any updates?

v-jiascu-msft
Employee

Hi All,

There is a report about this issue that has been submitted. The report ID is: CRI 54696849.

Best Regards,

Dale

sbredall

Any updates on this issue.  We cannot configure Power BI for a D365O implementation until this issue is resolved. 

Is there a way to configure Power BI with D365O via the Azure portal?  Please advise ASAP.

trevorgermain
Advocate I

It's not too difficult to manually configure an app:

1. Log on to Azure Portal

2. Go to Azure Active Directory > App Registrations

3. Create a new "Native" registration

4. Sign on Url can be anything, i.e. https://localhost

5. Open the App registration > Note the Application Id (this will be your Client Id)

6. Under settings > Required Permissions, Add Power BI Service and assign required permissions

7. DON'T FORGET TO CLICK THE "Grant Permissions" button

See Azure AD App Registration1.png2.png

FrankT
Advocate I

@trevorgermain

Is there also an alternative way to register a web app and receive client_id and client_secret ?

sbredall

I went that route, but they renamed the permission set....threw me off a bit.  I'll try your reocmmendation and report back.  Thanks

trevorgermain
Advocate I

@FrankT Absolutely. Instead of registering a "Native" app, you instead register a "Web App / API". You will need to use a proper Sign-on URL, which is the redirect Uri in your OAuth token process.

The Url you use for "Sign-on URL" will be set as the first Reply URL (you can add more).

To create a secret, navigate to the app registration in the Azure portal, open All Settings, and select Keys. Create a new key (any name), and save the key. As soon as you save, the secret will be displayed. SAVE THIS VALUE, as you will never be able to retrieve the secret again. If you lose it, you can create more than one secret.

Client_Id is still the Azure AD app registration "Application Id".

Client_Secret is the Azure AD key you just created.3.png4.png

FrankT
Advocate I

@trevorgermain

Thanks a lot, I got my client secret.