Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

having issue with table export

Just started today a dashboard that has been in production for months that the users regularly export the table data into Excel started giving the users an error when exporting:  "Error exporting data.   Sorry we couldn't export your visual data right now.  Please try again later."  The really odd thing with this error is exports work fine for me (I am the owner) but also we tested with another IT type and they work for him and the dashboard is simply shared with him like the other users.   But the primary users consistently get this error starting today.   Any ideas on what even to try?   I did re-publish the dashboard and have not gotten a confirmation if that made a difference yet but this seems really odd and a non-specific yet consistent error.   Thanks in advance for your help...

Comments
v-haibl-msft
Employee

@kcrafton

I tested with internal sharing dashboard and external sharing dashboard but cannot repro the same issue as you. I can always export the visual properly on my side. 
I suggest you to create a support ticket at http://support.powerbi.com (see bottom of page).
If issue is resolved, you can share the solution here later to help others who have the same problem.

Best Regards,
Herbert

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Delivered

kcrafton
Frequent Visitor

Herbert,

I appreciate you looking at the issue from your end and I believe I resolved on my this morning.   I started a ticket with MS Friday but didn't get very far with it.   They wanted to get the cluster,  and activity / request IDs but the error was not displaying any detail - it was just giving off the generic message.   Then Saturday this dataset stopped refreshing so this morning I went ahead and blew it away, re-published, and re-shared it and now it is refreshing again and it is also exporting properly again.   Something apparently went sideways with that dataset online.   I have 3 datasets in production since last fall and that is the first time I had to drop back and punt and start from stratch like that...