Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

error while loading the model for the item or data source QuerySystemError in Power BI desktop

Hi

i am getting below error while connecting to SSAS 2016 cube ,when connecting to live connection .

Error Message:
An error occurred while loading the model for the item or data source 'QuerySystemError'. Verify that the connection information is correct and that you have permissions to access the data source.

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @sreddiboina,

The issue has been reported internally: CRI 67754144. 

The internal exception is raised on the SSAS side when the DISCOVER_CSDL_METADATA command is executed by Power BI client.

This happens very early in PBI connections to multidimensional SSAS models.

PBI as a tabular client does not easily understand MD models. CSDL provides the translation layer between MD models and tabular models.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/analysis-services/schema-rowsets/xml/discover-csdl-metadata-row...

In fact we have seen a problem like this before and have already filed a defect (bug).

The issue was that the “format string” property of a calculated measure was set to a non-string value, F.i. FORMAT_STRING = 0

The solution was to make sure that format string gets a string value assigned. F.i. FORMAT_STRING = “0”.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Delivered