Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

error "Following groups have failed validation"

I am receiving error "following groups have  failed validation" while doing following

1. While sharing content pack

2. While sharing/updating app

While reporting this issue, I had gone through for solutions provided, for similar issues, however solutions provided there, didnt helped me.

I am a pro licence holder, and I am receiving this error message, while sharing app/content pack with perspn/people who is/are also a pro licence holder. Surprisingely I was able to share both content pack/app with only one person.

It should be noted that, I had successfully shared app/content packs, with same people, before Feb-2018 update.

PoweBI error.PNG

Comments
v-jiascu-msft
Employee

Hi @JayeshF,

It seems fine in my test. Please check that group in the Office 365 Admin center. I would suggest you file a support ticket here.

create ATicket

Best Regards,

Dale

SDheeraj
Frequent Visitor

I am facing the same issue, Anyone has solution for it ?

JayeshF
Frequent Visitor

Hello Dheeraj,

I was able to solve this error, after providing Office-365 licences to users. I guess I was receiving this error because, users were using different versions of MS-Office (Other than Office-365)

Give a try to it and let me know once your prblem is solved.

SDheeraj
Frequent Visitor

Hi Jayesh,

I have 4K people in that AD group, including me dont have license to O365. Other AD groups (200-700 people) are working fine, though they dont have O365 license .

Thank you for your time.