Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

data refresh issue - unsupported data source

Hi all. When posting a dataset to a group so that I can enable row level security I get this error.

It's connecting to our PWA server using oData connectors. Works fine internally just not working in this group.

As a side point the RLS doesn't seem to work either but I have a feeling it might be related to the dataset not refreshing back to the database to check security?

Capture.JPG

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @celebrindal,

Please publish the report to My Workspace or other group workspace and refresh to see if the same error occurs. Also please try to republish the report to this specific group.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info

celebrindal
Frequent Visitor

Hi yes I've verified now that none of my oData reports are working no matter where they are published.. they work fine from the desktop but refuse to refresh online.

This is both for and not datasets that have row level security enabled.

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @celebrindal,

For this issue, I would suggest you create a support ticket to get dedicated support.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Delivered

celebrindal
Frequent Visitor

Thanks ticket submitted.

sasmpu00
Frequent Visitor

Seems like, you are using custom function call web URL. If it is , please follow the instruction mentioned in below URL. you may need to split URL into two parts - main url and relative path. 

https://blog.crossjoin.co.uk/2016/08/23/web-contents-m-functions-and-dataset-refresh-errors-in-power...