Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

custom visual, Outlier Detection, not working

We're trying the custom visual, Outlier Detection, and this isn't working for us.  Is Microsoft able to make this work?

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

What you mean the Outlier Detection is not working? Does the issue occur in Power BI desktop or Power BI service? 

I have tested with the same report here, it works fine both in Power BI desktop and service. Please try to test with this sample report to see if the same issue occurs. 

In Power BI desktop, please note you will need to install R on the machine which has Power BI desktop run, also install required packages, see: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-r-visuals. Please also keep running the latest Power BI desktop version. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am getting this error in the desktop. I tried using the sample as well - same error.2018-05-25_17-37-38.jpg

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have this version of R installed. R 3.3.2 is supported based on the documentation of the outlier detection. I have used other supported versions but no luck.

2018-05-25_17-50-46.jpg

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

Please ensure in Power BI desktop, you have set the R directory for Power BI desktop to use. See: 

q7.PNG

Then you need to check if you have all required R packages installed. You could download the sample report:https://store.office.com/addinsinstallpage.aspx?rs=en-US&assetid=WA104381449 and open it in Power BI desktop. When you enable the custom visual Outlier Detection, it will prompt install R packages if they are not installed before, then click Install. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Anonymous
Not applicable

I believe I already have everything installed and configured. Not working for me though. Funny thing the custom visual is working in the Power BI service but not in the Desktop.

2018-05-28_21-33-33.jpg2018-05-28_21-34-07.jpg

bryanmcguire
Regular Visitor

Hi,

Yes, I am getting this error too when trying to load the outlier visualisation.

Outlier_Error.PNG

bryanmcguire
Regular Visitor

Just follow up...

I have the latest edition of Power BI Desktop. I am an experienced R user too. All the packages that the error says I should load I have loaded.

Very strange indeed.

thanks in advance...