Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

changes to text tile on dashboard not retained

I have several text tiles on my Dashboard. I made some changes to the text content and styling and saved them, and the save appeared to work. However, when I navigated away from the dashboard and returned to it, the changes had been reverted. I checked with collaborators and no one else had even been on that dashboard at that time.

Comments
v-haibl-msft
Employee

@michowl

I cannot repro the same issue as you. Could you please check below video to see if there is any difference between our repro steps?

Best Regards,

Herbert

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info

kvilla
Regular Visitor

I am actually having the same issue. The text retains the changes as long as I stay logged in. Once logged out the text loses the formatting changes I made. Reproduced this several times before wanting to submit an issue.

To Reproduce:

Step 1: Using an existing text tile, format text. (i.e. font, font color, font size, alignment, etc.)

Step 2: Navigate from the dashboard to a report or another dashboard.

Step 3: Return to the dashboard containing the text tile. Notice the tile has retained the changes.

Step 4: Now log out of PowerBI Services and log back in. Check the text tile. Notice the text tile has been reverted back to the non formatted version.

Many Thanks,

Kelsey Villa

michowl
Regular Visitor

@v-haibl-msft,

The changes take some time to revert. And if I've changed several tiles, they don't all revert at the same time.

@kvilla's repro step produce the same issue for me.

TrevorCraig
Frequent Visitor
We get the same issue as well. Having to delete and recreate the tile as a workaround.
kvilla
Regular Visitor

@Vicky_Song @v-haibl-msft

Is it possible to get an ETA for this to be resolved. I have a demo coming up and would really like to make sure the formatting is in place to meet some custom branding requirements for a particular dashboard.

Many Thanks!

Kelsey Villa

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@michowl @kvilla @TrevorCraig

I can also repro the same issue now. Existing issue has already been reported internally: CRI 32562650

The Product team are working on addressing this ASAP.

I’ll post here once I get any update about it.

Best Regards,

Herbert

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Accepted

runenielsen

Its my belief that this happens when the tiles are refreshed from the data refresh - but not sure - i too have this problem

michowl
Regular Visitor

@runenielsen I can verify that the data refresh is NOT the trigger, at least in my case.