Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

can i insert navigation buttons in power bi table

Hallo all,

Can i insert navigation buttons in power bi table to navigate to bokmarks or other pages in power bi using these buttons

Comments
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee

@czu1855,

Firstly, create bookmarks in  your PBIX file to link to different report pages.
2.png

Secondly, insert buttons in your report page(e.g, page 47), then under Action of the button, change its type to Bookmark and link it to another report page(e.g, page 48).
1.PNGq.PNG

This way, when you press Ctrl and click on the button, it will navigate from page 47 to page 48.

Regards,
Lydia

czu1855
Frequent Visitor

Hi, thanks a lot for reply i am already using this feature. Maybe my question need to be restated for better understanding . my question is can i nest/insert these buttons with in another Power BI visuals like table or matrix visual e.g. In a table visual in first column comes project name, second column contains difference between actual and planned cost and in third column i want to insert buttons that navigate to bookmarks with respect to setting of my assign action.

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee

@czu1855,

I am afraid that you are unable to insert button into table or Matrix.

A workaround is to publish PBIX file to Power BI Service, prepare links of each report page, then add a new column containing the links, and use hyperlink in table.

Regards,
Lydia

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Delivered