Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Zip code mapping problem!

I've been working on a data set for a few weeks that maps the top 10 records by zip code in the Map vizualization. This data set was working up until yesterday (2/13/2017). Today, 2/14, the power bi embedded version no longer maps the zip code data.

I downloaded the Feb 2017 power bi desktop update, and now I have the same problem in the desktop version. I went back to the January update - but the mapping there is also not working.

Did something break in Power BI? Or bing maps?

Please help, as this problem will completely derail a customer initiative.

Comments
v-haibl-msft
Employee

@chairston

Are you still having this problem? I just tried but the map with zip code works correctly in Power BI Embedded.

If issue persists, could you please provide a sample PBIX file which can be used to repro to me?

Best Regards,

Herbert

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info

chairston
Regular Visitor

The issue reproduced for me with Zip Code data that also had Country and State data. The Country was set to "United States". This worked until this last Monday.

I was able to get the zip codes mapping again by changing "United States" to "USA".

Why was this change necessary? I didn't see anything on the Bing blog about any service changes.

Thanks.

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@chairston

I still cannot repro the same issue. Could you please provide your PBIX file to me?

Best Regards,

Herbert

chairston
Regular Visitor

Hi H,

Sorry I did not come back an update my post. In my zip data table, I had a Country column containing "United States". On the date of my post, that table ceased mapping correctly. Eventually I tried changing the Country value to "USA", then it started mapping correctly again. I am not sure why this change was necessary... Maybe it has something to do with the new president? </joking>

Thanks for following up, it is working for me now.

Charlie

CarolineA19
Regular Visitor

I am not able to create a Filled Map using zipcodes (postal codes)

I receive an error :

Too Many values

Too many 'Postal Code' values.  Not displaying all data. Filter the data or choose another field

I receive this error in attempting to create the Filled Map, whether connecting to a database or even with an Excel file with approximately 43,000 rows

We are attempting to use this feature for Territory assignments.

-Caroline A

yoavsibony

I am expereincing this issue, tried converting country field and changing from CSV to Excel. Any resolution available?

mcruz625

I am having problems trying to create a map based on zip codes.  Excel 3D says i need to add more geographic data to create map, but i've used this map many times and never had the problem locating zip codes.  I googled zip code in bing and in google and it is a valid zip code.