Zip code mapping problem!

by chairston Visitor on ‎02-14-2017 11:24 AM

I've been working on a data set for a few weeks that maps the top 10 records by zip code in the Map vizualization. This data set was working up until yesterday (2/13/2017). Today, 2/14, the power bi embedded version no longer maps the zip code data.

I downloaded the Feb 2017 power bi desktop update, and now I have the same problem in the desktop version. I went back to the January update - but the mapping there is also not working.

Did something break in Power BI? Or bing maps?

Please help, as this problem will completely derail a customer initiative.

Comments
by v-haibl-msft Super Contributor
on ‎02-16-2017 01:07 AM

@chairston

Are you still having this problem? I just tried but the map with zip code works correctly in Power BI Embedded.

If issue persists, could you please provide a sample PBIX file which can be used to repro to me?

Best Regards,

Herbert

by Moderator Vicky_Song
on ‎02-16-2017 01:08 AM
Status changed to: Needs Info

by chairston Visitor
on ‎02-16-2017 05:20 AM

The issue reproduced for me with Zip Code data that also had Country and State data. The Country was set to "United States". This worked until this last Monday.

I was able to get the zip codes mapping again by changing "United States" to "USA".

Why was this change necessary? I didn't see anything on the Bing blog about any service changes.

Thanks.

by v-haibl-msft Super Contributor
on ‎02-26-2017 10:26 PM

@chairston

I still cannot repro the same issue. Could you please provide your PBIX file to me?

Best Regards,

Herbert

by chairston Visitor
on ‎02-27-2017 05:39 AM

Hi H,

Sorry I did not come back an update my post. In my zip data table, I had a Country column containing "United States". On the date of my post, that table ceased mapping correctly. Eventually I tried changing the Country value to "USA", then it started mapping correctly again. I am not sure why this change was necessary... Maybe it has something to do with the new president? </joking>

Thanks for following up, it is working for me now.

Charlie

by CarolineA19 Frequent Visitor
on ‎03-01-2017 11:45 AM

I am not able to create a Filled Map using zipcodes (postal codes)

I receive an error :

Too Many values

Too many 'Postal Code' values.  Not displaying all data. Filter the data or choose another field

I receive this error in attempting to create the Filled Map, whether connecting to a database or even with an Excel file with approximately 43,000 rows

We are attempting to use this feature for Territory assignments.

-Caroline A

by yoavsibony Occasional Visitor
on ‎04-19-2017 04:32 PM

I am expereincing this issue, tried converting country field and changing from CSV to Excel. Any resolution available?

Idea Statuses