Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Zendesk Connector Provides Different Data on Desktop vs Online

The Zendesk data connector on the Desktop provides access to the data via 

= Zendesk.Tables("https://company.zendesk.com")

which returns a list of available tables as such:

Capture.PNG

Once this file is uploaded to the online Power Bi service, the number of tables returned is 7 fewer, meaning that any queries looking for data in one of those 7 missing tables will fail a refresh.  In particular, my reports used the ticket_fields table which is not available online and so my reports cannot refresh online.  I tried to ask the PowerBI forums for help and was advised to open a support ticket here by @v-yuezhe-msft.

All the credentials were tested and Zendesk support was also contacted, but they said that everything was working on their end so it was likely something on the Microsoft side.

Thank you!

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

Please update the Power BI desktop to the latest version 2.49.4831.521 64-bit (August 2017). Then create a new report in desktop get data from ticket_fields table. Publish the report to service, check if ticket_fields table is missing from the dataset.

Best Regards,
QiuyunYu

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Vicky_Song,

I just tried the Aug PowerBI Desktop build and the results were the same.  The online version of the connector was missing tables, including the ticket_fields.

I tried creating a new data source from scratch using Version: 2.49.4831.521 64-bit (August 2017).

Thanks,

Alex

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

I guess the issue should be related to your Power BI service cluster. Please create a support ticket to let engineer look into your real environment.

Support Ticket.gif

Best Regards,
QiuyunYu

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Delivered

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you @Vicky_Song.  I tried to create a support ticket but website said I had to be a Power User.  I am currently on 90 day trial -- I take it that trial power user can't use support?

Thanks,

Alex