Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Yes/No field value changing based on how it is refreshed

My dataset comes from an O365 Sharepoint list with many Yes/No fields that I use for various filters as well as different formulas to calculate data.   When I refresh the dataset from Powerbi desktop the values of these checkboxes are TRUE/FALSE -  However, after I publish to PowerBi on the web and schedule an automatic refresh the values of these fields change to 0 and -1.

As you can imagine this completely renders my filters and formulas useless and I have to constantly be fixing them.

I have the latest version of PowerBi desktop  - Version: 2.49.4831.521 32-bit (August, 2017)

Comments
v-haibl-msft
Employee

@Troy2099

From which table and which column are you getting data? I have a test on my side but cannot repro the same issue. The Yes/No field will not be changed, and the TRUE/FALSE field will also not be changed after refresh in Power BI Desktop/Service.

Best Regards,
Herbert

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info

Troy2099

I can recreate with any Sharepoint custom list -  see this video: http://bit.ly/2wyDk1S (excuse the watermark but look at the visual in the background)  

This is a simple Sharepoint list with three columns:

Title: single line of text

Format: Yes/No

Confirmation: Yes/No

Make sure to create a New Column in Power bi desktop that references one of your Yes/No columns.

If(confirmation="True", "Yes","No")

Publish to Power bi web -  and then go to dataset | Refresh Now -  that's at the point that the video shows how it changes from TRUE/FALSE to 0 and -1

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@Troy2099

I can repro the same issue as you. I’ve reported it internally to Power BI Team: CRI 46000265
I’ll post here once I get any update about it.

Best Regards,
Herbert

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Accepted

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@Troy2099

I've got response from the Product Team.

This is a known gap between desktop and service. The workaround is to change the type of the column in the query editor in Power BI Desktop to be Logical instead of Any.

Best Regards,
Herbert