Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Wrong Translation on Cube by using PowerBI Live-Connection and Gateway

On our Cubes we`ve got different Captions of Translations (English, French, German is standard) - while i was using PowerBi-Dekstop there was no Problem to identify the default Language and shows the right translation on the Cube - 

After using the Gateway I published a report and opend it; for just a a second the right translation had been shown. After that it witched back to the default language. I already checked the Gateoptions, Languagesetting (Browser etc.) but could not find any failure.

Does anyone has an idea !? Thanks in advance. 

Comments
v-haibl-msft
Employee

@KometKuhn

I'm not very clear about your issue, could you please post some screenshots for it?

Best Regards,
Herbert

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info

KometKuhn
Regular Visitor

Hi All - we`ve got different captions of translation on our cube ->

TranslationsTranslations

Usually the client checks the relevant default language and also returns the right translation.

But in this case i was wondering because after installing the gateway i checked the connection to the cube. it works but always return the wrong translation as you could see:

PowerBI_Online.JPG

So i am  working in an German - environment - but already get the english-translation.

I also checked all relevant (i hope did it) settings, but coould not find a solution.

Thanks in advance!

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@KometKuhn

Could you please help collect the fiddler traces during open the report then refresh this report in Power BI Service? Then share the .saz file through online file service like OneDrive to me.

Fiddler.jpg

Best Regards,
Herbert

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@KometKuhn

I’ve reported it internally to Power BI Team: CRI 44729158
I’ll post here once I get any update about it.

Best Regards,
Herbert

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Accepted

KometKuhn
Regular Visitor

@v-haibl-msft : do you have any new information about the translation-issue!? Best regards in advance.