Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Workspace members can't view the contents of dashboards and reports

Pleaes check.

I've added people to a workspace as members. They can see the list reports and dashboards availabble to them but they can't see the content - just  visuals with x on them - unless  the related dashhboards have been shared with them.  Admin's can view them just fine. 

I also tried to share them as apps but  still the same issue. 

Comments
v-haibl-msft
Employee

@danextian

Do all the dashboard tiles and reports display as X? Could you please provide a screenshot for it? What is the data source of the reports? I just tested on my side but cannot repro the same issue.

Best Regards,
Herbert

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info

danextian
Super User

@Vicky_Song  @v-haibl-msft

Hello,

Here's the screenshot:

workspace error.png

The error is:

Couldn't load the data for this visual
Couldn't retrieve the data for this visual. Please try again later.
Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details.
Http Status Code401
Activity ID67500035-b03c-4003-aabf-f2fe5936d1c6
Correlation IDe56fbed4-acdb-34c2-182b-2bba168445e7
Request ID4c1e6ba1-7e59-57b9-2311-335d51e5e937
TimeThu Jun 08 2017 16:25:26 GMT+0800 (Taipei Standard Time)
Version13.0.1700.2465

The member  (view only) is able to see the contents of the workspace but not the dashboards and reports themselves. 
v-haibl-msft
Employee

@danextian

Please let the member try to refresh the page. If issue persists, I suggest you to create a support ticket at http://support.powerbi.com (see bottom of page). If issue is resolved, you can share the solution here later to help others who have the same problem.

Support Ticket.gif

Best Regards,
Herbert

danextian
Super User

I am on extended pro trial but my company does have a premium account and premium capacity has been enabled for that workspace.

Dav1dRS

Hi @danextian did you get to the bottom of this issue please?

I am seeing the same problem while sharing a dashbord with other members of the organisation.  We are all on a pro trial.

Many thanks

David

danextian
Super User

hi @Dav1dRS,

Still no resolution. What I've learned lately is that dashboard sharing is only between pros. That being said,  the pro trial users should be able to access the contents.

Blame73
Frequent Visitor

Hi,

I'm facing the same problem, between two pro users (not trial).

Administrators can see the page while members don't (and I don't want them to make changes so they have to be members). Refreshing the page/reports doesn't solve the problem.

demo3a.PNG

These are the details of the error:

Non è stato possibile caricare i dati per questo oggetto visivo

Non è stato possibile recuperare i dati per questo oggetto visivo. Riprovare più tardi.
Riprovare più tardi oppure contattare il supporto tecnico specificando le informazioni seguenti.

Codice di stato HTTP401
ID attività5f297191-7461-4647-b5fd-af161a8186b2
ID di correlazionee0ab8976-0911-48f5-4262-fa474f6d146c
ID richiesta7c82ad64-b8db-8157-2796-f97b6cee7375
OraFri Sep 22 2017 08:28:33 GMT+0200 (ora legale Europa occidentale)
Versione13.0.2513.170

demo3b.PNG

Thanks

Gerdanel

We are aiming to implement Powerbi Workspace accross the company and we are currently experiencing the same problem. This prohibits us to do the implementation at this stage

sbala28
Regular Visitor

Hi,

Solution:

The users cannot see the contents when they are not added to any roles. If you have created any roles, then assign all the users to it. Else remove the roles.

We had the same issue, when we assigned all the users to roles created, it worked perfectly fine.

Thanks,

Bala