Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Workspace and restricting access

hi all,

we have a kind of public workspace in which we add all kind of users who have view and edit access. What i do not want is that all those users have access to all reports saved in this workspace. So, I would like to know whether it is possible to decline certain users to certain reports or is the access automatically inherit from the role added on the workspace?? Is RLS an option or is there a lot of maintenance involved?

hope to hear from you,

thnx

m

Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think, The Report access automatically inherit from the role added on the workspace. You can't decline certain reports to certain users, by default they will have the access to all the reports when you added to the workspace but you can restrict either they have the admin access or just the read access.

I don't think RLS is an option here, it's some thing to deal with in the report for limiting data access to a user but not limiting the whole report itself.

emveha
Resolver III

hi nvpraveenyakkal,

thanks for swift response, unfortunately the idea of restricting access on f.e. read access will not work as wel because we want users to have full access on this workspace. There should be a way to restrict users from accessing to certain reports in this workspace, otherwise we will have an issue....

Anyone any idea or option or workaround???

thnx

M

Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't think we have an option right now. You can always submit it as an Idea in Ideaforum.

v-jiascu-msft
Employee

Hi @emveha,

How about the workaround below? If it's proper, I would suggest you create an idea here.

1. Don't add the some user to the member of the App.

2. Exclude the dashboards and reports you want to hide.

3. Publish the App or update it.

Workspace_and_restricting_access

Best Regards,

Dale

emveha
Resolver III

Hi Dale,

interesting approach, but while using this workaround i will exclude everyone as i am interested in having a situation in which i am able to be more flexible in adding/excluding people to this workspace.... so, i think i will create a new idea. Thanks for your support!!