Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Version in the future

I installed the lated BI desktop (Feb 2017) , but got June 2017 See screen shot.

snip_20170218191122.png

Comments
deldersveld
MVP

2.43.4647.541 is the February version. I couldn't tell you why it's labeled June for your installation since mine correctly shows February, but at least you can tell based on the version # that you're current.

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@shaibarlev

Did you perform a clean installation or a upgrade? If upgrade, what is the old version installed in your machine?

Best Regards,

Herbert

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info

shaibarlev

It was running the new installation, on top of existing version. There is no really upgrade option in this installation. About the previous version don't know for sure, but probably the Jan 2017 or Dec 2016.
This was on my laptop at home, this morning I tried to upgrade my surface, and the same thing happened.
This time I have both about version captured.PBI1.PNGPBI2.PNG

Please notice that the first version is not accurate since the version # , is not the same as the words.

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@shaibarlev

According to the version number in your screenshots, the previous version is Oct 2016. I just tried to install the Oct 2016 version of PBI Desktop in my machine, the version is shown correctly. Then I installed the Feb 2017 version in the same machine. The version still can be shown properly.

I suggest you to create a support ticket at http://support.powerbi.com (see bottom of page) since it may be machine spcific.

Best Regards,

Herbert

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Delivered