Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Variances between Mobile Dashboards & Reports

Perhaps someone can solve this mystery...

I have a simple table pinned to a dashboard showing current year, budgeted & prior year 'units'. The mobile/web dashboard and desktop/web report all display the correct amounts. HOWEVER, when accessing the report table via clicking from the mobile dashboard (sorry for the screenshot truncation), the report shows different amounts:

PowerBI_MobileDashboardScreenshot.PNGPowerBI_MobileReportScreenshot.PNG

Here's what I've tried (so far) with no luck:

1. trashed/re-pinned table to dashboard
  2. quit all open mobile apps
  3. restarted iPhone
  4. refreshed dashboard tiles (from web & phone)
  5. refreshed data from desktop & re-published
  6. re-checked joins
  7. confirmed enterprise gateway functioning properly (data is coming from SQL Server 2012)

I haven't ruled out human error yet Smiley Very Happy, but is anyone aware of a bug?

Thanks, DannyD

Comments
musicbydannyd
Advocate IV

Follow up...

Out of curiosity, I clicked the 4 vertical bars icon ("Go To Report"?) next to the annotate (pencil) icon at the bottom of the incorrect report, which sent me to the report section with correct amounts. Which leads me to another question... when clicking (in my case) the mobile dashboard table tile, does that take you to some limbo-land between dashboard & report?

Odd...

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @musicbydannyd,

I can reproduce the issue on my side. And already reported this issue: CRI 28790682. Will update here once get any feedback.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

musicbydannyd
Advocate IV

Great to know it's not user error. Smiley Happy

Appreciate the update and happy new year!

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @musicbydannyd,

I got the request that the senior engineer want you to check if the total displays correctly after you add filters to the table visual. You can edit the report by add Visual Filters in Power BI service, re-pin the visual to

the dashboard. Then view it in Power BI app.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @musicbydannyd,

I got the information the fix is released, please test it again in your environment to see if issue is gone.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

musicbydannyd
Advocate IV

Sorry for my lack of replies (month & year end accounting stuff), but after a quick glance on the mobile app, all appears well! Appreciate your diligence & attention to this issue...