Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Valid Pro Trial users reporting unable to activate 12 month trial

Hi

Following the changes on 1st June, several of our users who logged in within the timeframe to be eligible for the 12 month trial are reporting that they only get the 60-day option.  Please could someone confirm what I can do about this?

Thanks

Comments
v-haibl-msft
Employee

@MrBenn

If you are sure that they are eligible, could you please provide us a list of user accounts who do not get the 12 month trial?

Please note that users that have licenses assigned from the Power BI Pro or Power BI Pro Trial subscriptions, within Office 365, are excluded from this offer.

Reference: https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-extended-pro-trial/

Best Regards,

Herbert

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info

MrBenn
Helper II

Dear Herbert

They are definitely eligible and no they aren't already PBI Pro users - I am the sole creator of content, all other staff are simply consumers.  I have supplied a shortlist of user accounts via private message.  I am currently on the 12 month trial and there should be no reason why others don't get this - we have been using Power BI for around 18 months now and staff have used it continuously and well within the timeframe to be eligible for the 12 months.

Thank you

Ben

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@MrBenn

I’ve reported it internally to Power BI Team: CRI 39147072
I’ll post here once I get any update about it.

Best Regards,
Herbert

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Accepted

MrBenn
Helper II

Thank you

MrBenn
Helper II

Hi

Is there any update on this? I'm getting more users complaining about it.

Many thanks

Ben

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@MrBenn

The product team is still working on this and I have not get more details about it. 

You can ask them to try Chrome and set the lanuage for Power BI to English as below. Someone get the notification after that.

Valid Pro Trial users reporting unable to activate 12 month trial_1.jpg

Best Regards,
Herbert

MrBenn
Helper II

Hi Herbert

Thanks for your reply, however it is impossible for our staff to use chrome in the organisation because our IT won't allow anything other than IE.

I look forward to hearing any progress on the issue as it's causing considerable headache at the moment.

Thanks

Ben

MrBenn
Helper II

Hello again

Several users have been able to work around this issue by using Chrome, however please could look into the user m.meneghello@pimlicoacademy.org as this user says he is unable to see 12 months trial and the Chrome solution does not work.  He has been a user throughout the eligible period and should have a 12 month trial.

Thanks

Ben