Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Usage Stats Reports do not count views when App was "pushed" to user

The built-in Power BI Usage Stats Reports do not count any views from users that had their App "pushed" to them via the "install this app automatically" check box.

If a user was first given access to a report via a link they will show up in the Usage Reports.

If a user has never viewed a given App, but then the App is "pushed" to them using the "install this app automatically" it will appear in their Apps list in Power BI.  No matter how many times the user views the report there will never be any record of their activity in the built-in Power BI Usage Reports.

Views should be counted for a given report regardless of how the user was initially given access (via link, shared with them, "pushed" or content pack).  

All users I've observed this with have been internal to our organization.

Comments
DianaH

This seems so basic that I'm wondering why it wasn't included with the rollout of the "install app automatically" feature. If a user is using the report... well then they're using the report right? Why aren't they counted?

v-jiascu-msft
Employee

Hi All,

I will check out the Usage report 24 hours later. Due to it takes 24  hours to update.

Best Regards,

Dale 

v-jiascu-msft
Employee

Hi All,

I have reported this issue to the Product Team: CRI 66186896.

Best Regards,

Dale

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Accepted

mahimabedi
Responsive Resident

Is there an ETA on a fix? Also will the fix be retrospectively for past 90 days?

PowerBill

Is there an update for this issue?

v-jiascu-msft
Employee

Hi,

The Product Team is working on this issue.

Best Regards,

Dale

mahimabedi
Responsive Resident

Any updates /ETA on the fix?