Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Usage Metrics not populating

I created a separate thread here on this same issue. Basically, my Usage Metrics reports show no data, except for "Total Dashboards in Organization"

I have confirmed with our O365 admin that the usage metrics feature is enabled. Also, others in my organization CAN see their usage metrics, so the issue may be isolated to my account?

UsageMetrics.png

Comments
v-haibl-msft
Employee

@jmalone

I noticed that another user also had the same issue, but it has already been resolved by a fix which released this month. Could you please try with following steps to see if it works?

• Create a test dashboard, share it to some users and let them view this shared dashboard.
  • After 24 hours, check usage metrics for that dashboard.

Best Regards,
Herbert

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info

jmalone
Resolver III

Hi @v-haibl-msft - I followed those steps, but still the usage metrics are showing blank for this new dashboard. I waited over 24 hours to check as requested.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Vicky_Song@v-haibl-msft,

I m experiencing a very similar issue.

The App workspace was created and a report was published on Nov 30, 2017  using latest version of PBI Desktop [ Nov 2017 update   Version: 2.52.4921.682 ]

The app workspace comprises of only one report with 2 report pages (no dashboards) and is published as an app. While I can see usage metrics for a report that was published 4-5 months back, Im unable to view usage metrics for this report except for "Total Reports in the Organization".

Power BI Data center is located at North Europe.

Is it a must to create dashboards in App Workspace to capture Usage Metrics?

I need metrics for the report and not for a specific dashboard.Report_Usage_Metrics.PNGNorth-Europe.PNG

Thanks,

Mannu

alg
Regular Visitor

Hi @Vicky_Song@v-haibl-msft.

I am experiencing a similar issue to Mannu. I created an App at the beginning of November 2017. On 8 December I added a new report. The reports originally published as part of the App have usage metrics displaying. However, the recently added report contains only blank fields as Mannu' screenshot shows.

Regards.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jmalone@alg

I created a support ticket with Microsoft (117120617277022) on Dec 7, 2017.

It was mentioned that the problem was due to SQL Time out issue in North Europe cluster.

Bug fix would be made available in first week of January 2018.

Hopefully this helps.

jmalone
Resolver III

Thank you @Anonymous! I hope their bug fix resolves the issue.

magsod
Solution Supplier

The first week of January has now past and for me this is still not working. Reports added last couple of months does not generate any usage metrics!

Any update from Microsoft on this issue?

Br,

Magnus

jmalone
Resolver III

I just checked and my usage metrics report is not working either.

Would love to get some help from Microsoft on this!

cc @Anonymous @magsod @v-haibl-msft

Anonymous
Not applicable

Same thing here, on same datacenter