Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Unable to update dataset credential : New Dataset credentials overwrite existing credential

I have 1 workspace collection with 8 workspaces. In each workspaces, there is one datasets. However, when I update my new credentials of a datasets. The new credentials overwrite all other credential within the workspace collection.

It seems like all dataset are sharing a credentials in the workspace collection. For new imported dataset, It will automatically adopted pre-set credentials.

I am using Azure SQL + Row level security to limit the data access by different users. If only 1 credential is allowed in workspace collection, all users will be access Azure SQL database with same credential (This is not what I want).

In Dec 2016, I can set different credential for each dataset. So that, different user can access Azure SQL with different credential. I  developed my web app on powerBI embeded for more than 6 months. It is not working now.

Please help to resolve this issues as soon as possible.  

Comments
Claus
Frequent Visitor

Update Credential of a datasetUpdate Credential of a dataset

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@Claus

Is this issue same as the one in this thread?

Best Regards,

Herbert

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info

Claus
Frequent Visitor

@v-haibl-msft

No, It is not the same issue.  I have encounter that issue on Dec 2016. Back then, I am unable to update the credential of new dataset & there will be error messgase pop up because of no credential. 

However, the issue that I encounter now is :

Once I update credential of a new dataset, the credential of my other datasets (not even in same workspace) change. Which means that I can only set 1 crediantial in a workspace collection. 

Back in Dec 2016, if I import pbix & create new dataset, I need to update credential in order to access my data source. However, in Jan 2017, after I import pbix & create new dataset, the data set will use the credential of other datasets, which was set previously.

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@Claus

An existing issue has already been reported internally: CRI 31055671

The team are looking into it and I’ll post here once I get any update about it.

Best Regards,

Herbert

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Accepted

gajinder47
Frequent Visitor

Exactly the same issue I am facing although I was able to have multiple datasets (A single Azure SQL DB with Row Level Security) with multiple credentials in a single workspace (Was working till 15 March 2017) and Now it has stopped working. Please let me know a solution if you guys find one 

Thanks 🙂

machine

I'm encountering the same issue with 8 cloud service-only workspaces.  But not all 8 are linked.  1 or 2 appear to be independent.

When I set up the workspaces, I believe most of the time, it skipped asking me for credentials, after the 1st dataset.  But 1 or 2 of the new workspaces did ask me for credentials.  I'm not sure, but I think it may be the ones that are now independent.

machine

I'm encountering the same issue with 8 cloud service-only workspaces.  But not all 8 are linked.  1 or 2 appear to be independent.

When I set up the workspaces, I believe most of the time, it skipped asking me for credentials, after the 1st dataset.  But 1 or 2 of the new workspaces did ask me for credentials.  I'm not sure, but I think it may be the ones that are now independent.