Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Unable to sign in to Power BI Desktop post Jan 2018 update

I'm not able to sign in to Power BI Desktop after Jan 2018 update. I'm getting this error:

login.PNG

Comments
onapowerbitrip
Regular Visitor

I am also unable to log in after updating my power BI desktop. Can still sign in online so not sure what the problem is...

v-jiascu-msft
Employee

Hi All,

This issue had been reported to the Product Team: CRI 58698188. I will update the latest news here.

Best Regards,

Dale

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Accepted

charlenewcc1024
Regular Visitor

Is there an update on this issue? We are waiting to publish our dashboards.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Any update?  I feel like this should be an issue posted on the support page, there are multiple posts about this still being an issue for users.  Still getting this error in the February update.

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have not been able to sign in since updating my Power BI desktop application on 2/13/2018, and because of this, I am unable to publish our reports to the online service.

daamruth
Helper II

Same issue here. We had to rollback to the previous version. Any updates on this issue? 

onapowerbitrip
Regular Visitor

Our organization uses a single sign in (Octa) which used HTTP redirects. Since the last update, seems Microsft updated their secuirty to only allow HTTPS. We now need to redirect all HTTP redirects to HTTPS to fix this bug, not fixed yet but we will see.