Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Unable to select on-premisses data gateway

Hello!
I installed, configured, and linked the database to my on-premisses gateway.

imagem 1.png
But when I try to schedule the update of my datasets, the program does not allow me to select the data gateway (even though it's online).
How can I enable on-premisses data gateway selection?

imagem 2.png

Regards,
Thomaz

Comments
lenseboy
Frequent Visitor

I am having the same problem !

My sequence of events:

1. Installed Personal Gateway on our UAT server just to test out functionality. 
  2. Then installed Enterprise Gateway on our PROD server. When in 'Manage Gateways' area, the Enterprise Gateway appears as 'Online - You are good to go'. 
  3. When I then try to publish a new dataset I can only see the old personal gateway (it is currently uninstalled yet I still see it appearing there). My enterprise gateway appears offline. 

It has been this way now for several weeks and I have tried so much troubleshooting. 

Can anyone provide guidance please? 

Gareth

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@José_Thomaz @lenseboy

I noticed that several users have encountered this issue. I’ve reported it internally to Power BI Team: CRI 32973554
I’ll post here once I get any update about it.

Best Regards,
Herbert

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Accepted

lenseboy
Frequent Visitor

@José_Thomaz thanks mate - looking forward to the update !

José_Thomaz
Regular Visitor

Wow

José_Thomaz
Regular Visitor

wow! Thanks a lot @v-haibl-msft and @Vicky_Song!
I´m looking forward to the update too!

Please keep us informed about the updates.

Best regards.

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@José_Thomaz @lenseboy

Could you please provide a fiddler trace to us, the product team need to address this problem exactly. You can start the trace when you configure and try to select the on-preimises gateway, and share the saved .saz file to us through online file service like OneDrive.

Best Regards,
Herbert

lenseboy
Frequent Visitor

Hi Herbert,

Can you access this link? https://helloworldmail-my.sharepoint.com/personal/gareth_visser_helloworld_com_au/_layouts/15/guesta...

The trace was taken from my machine.

As per your instructions, I tried to schedule a refresh from my dataset.

Please let me know how you go?

Gareth

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@lenseboy

I've sent the traces to product team. I’ll post here once I get any update about it.

Best Regards,
Herbert

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@lenseboy

Fiddler trace doesn't contain much logs, try to capture again and share with us.

Also please perform below task and let us know the status.

Test to see if your firewall, or proxy, may be blocking connections by running Test-NetConnection from a PowerShell prompt. This will test connectivity to the Azure Service Bus. This only tests network connectivity and doesn't have anything to do with the cloud server service or the gateway. It helps to determine if your machine can actually get out to the internet.

Command to run on the machine where Gateway installed: "Test-NetConnection -ComputerName watchdog.servicebus.windows.net -Port 9350"

Note: Test-NetConnection is only available on Windows Server 2012 R2 and later. It is also available on Windows 8.1 and later. On earlier OS versions, you can use Telnet to test port connectivity.

The results should look similar to the following. The difference will be with TcpTestSucceeded. If TcpTestSucceeded is not true, then you may be blocked by a firewall.

Unable to select on-premisses data gateway.jpg

Best Regards,

Herbert