Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Unable to schedule refresh for a report with 2 data sources - azure cosmos db & sql db on a cloud

I can't schedule automatic refresh for a report using two different data sources. I've already had this issue with other mixed data sources in the past. I'm using an on-premises gateway. Both sources are on the cloud. Manual refresh from PBI desktop works well, only in PBI service it fails. How can I fix this? 

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Barbel,

Does the dataset only contain Azure cosmos db and Azure sql database these two data sources? If it does, as these two are in cloud, we needn't to use on-premise data gateway. Please try to set Connect Directly for the dataset and enter credential for data sources then refresh again. 

If issue persists, please share detail error message with us. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info

Barbel
Regular Visitor

Hi!

Yes, these are the only sources and both are in cloud. No refresh option is available before I choose to use either personal or enterprise gateway.

I kept re-introducing the credentials in PBI service to connect to cosmos sb and last week the scheduled refresh finally worked, then failed again, then worked, all using the on-premises gateway. It has been working since Friday. Any ideas what's happening?
Best,
B.

Barbel
Regular Visitor

Hi there!

I'm having again problems with the automatic refresh of my report. It gets automatically disabled.

Error message: "Scheduled refresh has been disabled due to at least one data source not having credentials provided. Please provide credentials for all data sources, and then turn scheduled refresh back on."

It has correct credentials for both data sources.

I can force refresh in PBI service without any issues but it keeps disabling the scheduled refresh every day.

Any suggestions?