Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Unable to install On-premises data gateway

Hi,

I am not able to install on premise data gateway. It is failing in last step when I am trying to resgitser my office/company email address. The error says:

"Failed to sign in . Please verify you credentials and try again. The browser based authentication dailog failed to complete. Reason: Teh server or proxy wasn't found.

at

Microsoft.IdentityModel.Clients.ActiveDirectory.AuthenticationContext.RunAsyncTask[T](Task '1' task)

at 

Microsoft.PowerBI.DataMovement.GatewayCommon.AuthenticationManager.AuthenticateWithSelectedUser(Uri authorityAddress, Uri resource, String clientId, Uri redirectAddress, String logOnHint)

Can you please help resolve this?

Comments
v-jiascu-msft
Employee

Hi @amitesh2,

I can't reproduce this issue. According to the error message, please refer to: powerbi-gateway-proxy and #firewall-or-proxy. Finally I would suggest you creating a support ticket here: https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/createATicket.gif

Best Regards!

Dale

v-jiascu-msft
Employee

Hi @amitesh2,

One more suggestion, Please try to change the settings to force the Https communication. Refer to: #forcing-https-communication-with-azure-service-bus.

>>>

To do so, modify the Microsoft.PowerBI.DataMovement.Pipeline.GatewayCore.dll.config file by changing the value from AutoDetect to Https, as shown in the code snippet directly following this paragraph. That file is located (by default) at C:\Program Files\On-premises data gateway.

<setting name="ServiceBusSystemConnectivityModeString" serializeAs="String">
    <value>Https</value>
</setting>

The value for the ServiceBusSystemConnectivityModeString parameter is case sensitive. Valid values are AutoDetect and Https.

Best Regards!
Dale

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Delivered