Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Unable to export the underlying data to excel

I just updated my Power BI Desktop to the new version and do not have options when I click on the ellipsis in the upper right of a visual. I need to be able to select either Underlying data or Summarized data and the format (excel or csv) but now it only goes straight to saving as CSV and doesn't download immediately and show up on my browser. I have to save it somewhere and go fishing for it.

please fix!!! I need to see underlying data!

This is what it looked like yesterday before I downloaded the new versionThis is what it looked like yesterday before I downloaded the new version

this is what happens now- and it's only the summarized data, not the underlying (1 line per employee)this is what happens now- and it's only the summarized data, not the underlying (1 line per employee)

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @akkolbeck,

Do you mean there is no Underlying data option when exporting data in latest desktop? Based on my test Underlying data option also is not supported in desktop before.

Underlying data option is available in Power BI service, when the visualization in a report has an aggregate (one example would be if you changed Count to average, sum or minimum), you'll have two options: Summarized data and Underlying data. For more information, see: Export data from Power BI visualizations.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info