Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Unable to create a work space

I am on a trial version of PowerBI Pro and it does not allow me to create a workspace giving an error saying "Something went wrong"

Comments
v-haibl-msft
Employee

@amodpandit

Please check below content to see if it is the cause of your problem.

The group creation in Power BI is now controlled by the group creation in Exchange Online. Generally, this error will occur when the Exchange admin have disabled it. We need to contact our O365 tenant administrator whether group creation option is disabled. For details, see: Prevent Users from Creating Groups in Office 365.

Best Regards,
Herbert

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info

amodpandit

@v-haibl-msft Thanks for your response. I guess that must the issue.

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@amodpandit

Please post back if that is indeed the root cause. Then we can mark the right answer as solution so that other ones who have the same problem can find the solution quickly.

Best Regards,
Herbert

amodpandit

Herbert,

I have not managed to get to the right contact because O365 is not yet rolled out to our department and the version i am using is a trial version and my guess is you are probably right in saying that the administrator may have restricted the access due to the fact that i know currently no one is allowed to share anything. Hence creation of workspace may be restricted.

I tried the same thing on a separate instance which was activated via my MSDN subscription and it worked.

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Delivered