Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Unable to connect to Microsoft Project Online Content Pack

Hello,

I am trying to connect to Microsoft Project Online Content Pack but as soon as I enter my credentials it shows error "Failed to update data source credentials: The credentials provided for the OData source are invalid.

I don't know what could be the possible reason for it.

Does anyone has any idea on this?

Thanks & Regards,

Deepesh

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Deepesh_V95,

To get data from Project Online content pack, for Authentication Method, select oAuth2 instead of the Basic. Follow this article then try it again: Project Online content pack for Power BI.

Best Regards,
QiuyunYu

Deepesh_V95
Frequent Visitor

Thanks @v-qiuyu-msft

I have gone through that tutorial but I cannot find oAuth2 authentication method in MS Project online.

Please take a look at the above image. I can only find 4 authentication methods as seen in the above image.

Also the url is not "[companyname].sharepoint.com" but is like "asplportal.[companyname].com/PWA".

Can you please let me know what can I do for this now.

Thanks & Regards,

Deepesh

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Deepesh_V95,

The oAuth2 authentication is available in my environment.

11.PNG

q6.PNG

Please check which cluster you are running by click the About Power BI.

q8.png

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Deepesh_V95
Frequent Visitor

Thanks @v-qiuyu-msft.

Just like your URL i.e. "[companyname].sharepoint.com" , I can also see OAuth2 authentication but when I use asplportal.[name].com then OAuth2 cannot be seen.

So if my PWA is in asplportal.[companyname].com, in that case is there any solution for accessing Project Online content pack?

Thanks & Regards,

Deepesh 

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Deepesh_V95,

Please go to Power BI desktop, use the OData data source and enter the URL like below:

https://asplportal.[companyname].com/sites/pwa/_api/projectdata/[en-us]

to see if you can authenticate with your account.

q4.PNG

Best Regards,
QiuyunYu

Deepesh_V95
Frequent Visitor

Thanks @v-qiuyu-msft for your help.

By the above method, I was able to authenticate with my account. It worked!

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Deepesh_V95,

This issue seems to be related to your Power BI service, please create a support ticket to get dedicated support:

Support Ticket.gif

Best Regards,

QiuyunYu

Deepesh_V95
Frequent Visitor

Thanks @v-qiuyu-msft for your valuable advice. I'll do that.

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Delivered

burhanozdemir
Regular Visitor

Hello, 

I've connection problem since beginning of november. i get error messages which are below when i tried to connect ms project online with content pack on power bi online. i tried to connect again, again and again... but everytime i get error messages for 'CostType' for 'RBS_R' and for 'ProjectDepartment'. i cannot find any solutions on web. last update is not helping about the this issue.

also i tried to connect with power bi desktop to ms project online with content pack template file. but desktop application can't open the template file.

i can connect to my database with excel or power bi without any content pack.

does anybody know how can i solve this issue?

powerbi_err.JPGpowerbi_err2.JPGpowerbi_err3.JPG