Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

URI scheme to launch app is throwing error message

I use the URI scheme (documented here) to open the PowerPI app. I use the URL 'mspbi://app/' to open the PowerBI app to the 'Workspaces' view.

If I do a fresh install of the PowerBI app, then this URL open the PowerBI app to my 'Workspaces' view as expected.

However, if I then log into my PowerBI account, then this URL will open the PowerBI app but it will also show an error dialog saying 'Couldn't open link: Looks like we couldn't open this link. It may be broken or unsupported on this device.' with a 'Got it' button.

If I tap the 'Got it' button then I can use the app as normal, so it all works fine except for the unnecessary error message.

This happens on both iOS and Android.

Comments
v-haibl-msft
Employee

@johndowns

I can repro the same issue as you. I’ve reported it internally to Power BI Team: CRI 31938220

I’ll post here once I get any update about it.

Best Regards,

Herbert

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Accepted

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@johndowns

Fix will on store @ 03/06.

Best Regards,

Herbert

yaronc
Power BI Team

iOS fix is planned to be on store this week as promised.

Android fix will be released later this month.

Thanks,

Yaron

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Delivered

fcervant

Hi. We are still facing the same problem. We have just installed the last version from Google Play and the error is still occurring. The version I have installed in my Android is 111584. 

This is a sample of the url we are trying to open in Android:

mspbi://app/OpenReport?GroupObjectId=27272e2a-482b-4948-a36c-ab929e250b0f&ReportObjectId=71f2384d-fb85-42a2-8f5a-a69fe72eb95d&reportPage=ReportSection5

yaronc
Power BI Team

Hi @fcervant,

We are checking that. Will get back to you soon.

Thanks,

Yaron

yaronc
Power BI Team

Hi @fcervant,

Can you try to change the parameters -

GroupObjectId to groupObjectId

ReportObjectId to reportObjectId

mspbi://app/OpenReport?groupObjectId=27272e2a-482b-4948-a36c-ab929e250b0f&reportObjectId=71f2384d-fb85-42a2-8f5a-a69fe72eb95d&reportPage=ReportSection5

We should fix that to be not case sensitive but until then you can try to change the parameters to make it work.

Thanks,

Yaron

fcervant

Yaron, after the changes it worked, thanks a lot for your support!! Rgds!