Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

URGENT: Chiclet not working since September update

Hi everyone,

Since the latest PBI service update the Chiclet visual is not working within published reports. The issue has been raised in the Community forum but yet to be resolved:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/Slicer-works-on-Desktop-but-not-well-Online/m-p/242274/high...

From initial testig this is what we have found:

- various versions of the visual work within PBI Desktop (also variety of versions) but whenever published doesn't work as it should

- when published online the visual doesn't refresh the other affected visuals (instead it either does nothing, displays the wrong information, or requires a different visual to be clicked before it is refreshed)

- only under one circumstance were we able to get it published correctly (that was to an account we created years ago in O365 - all other accounts, including new accounts created in O365 today, fail to load the visual properly)

- the visual works fine within the Windows 10 PBI App

- the issue (that we have kown about) has been ongoing for the past few days - corresponding with the latets PBI Service update

Any help would be much appreciated as we have over 50+ reports using this visual and it's quite an embarassing to have to explain to users/customers we're not sure why or when the issue can be fixed.

Thanks

Jarrod

Comments
jventur34
Frequent Visitor

It is indeed a pretty custom visual so we transitioned our reports to that, but need to migrate back to normal slicer because of the "bugs"...

Still waiting for the fix... hope, soon!

vanessa
Post Patron

Any update yet?

v-viig
Community Champion

Power BI Desktop team is working on the fix.

We'll update status once the fix is released.

Ignat Vilesov,

Software Engineer

Microsoft Power BI Custom Visuals

pbicvsupport@microsoft.com

Prafulnmg
Regular Visitor

Hi Team,

We are having serious client issues due to the non working of chiclet slicer.

And it has been over a month since the issue is happening .There is no estimated time which we can commit to the client of the issue to be fix.

Can you please tell us estimated by when the issue will be fixed.

Thanks,

Praful

KellyDittmar
Helper II

Chiming in as another user who is experiencing this issue. I'm removing the chicklet as an option for my users and reverting back to a check-box option.

It seems that either custom visuals are a bad idea or I have bad luck with them - within weeks of implemetning any custom visual - they always stop functioning for me... Microsoft, I would seriously consider how you want to handle this in the future because ultimately the end users blame Power BI when the visuals don't work rather than blaming the developer of the custom visual...

Anonymous
Not applicable

Any updates from Micorsoft on this. We have a Management level presentation coming week.

KellyDittmar
Helper II

Ceenuu - review prior posts for notes about timeline for fix from microsoft. you'll need something different for next week. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Going for Slicer for now and wait for the fix.

v-viig
Community Champion

As far as I know, the fix has been published.

Are you still able to reproduce this issue?

Ignat Vilesov,

Software Engineer

Microsoft Power BI Custom Visuals

pbicvsupport@microsoft.com

joebern
Frequent Visitor

Bumping this thread as I'm still having issues. When I publish a report to the service, chiclets appear selected (highlighted) but the filters aren't applied. I have to click on other choices and then back to the "default" ones in order for the filters to apply. This is a high priority request from a client.