Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Timeline Slicer Issue

Hi,

Between option on dates is not working on timeline custom visual nor in timeline slicer once we import data from direct query. 

Regards,

Maddy

Comments
searsyj
Regular Visitor

I'm haveing the same issye. I can alternate between the date slicing parameters (between, after, before) in edit mode but this dissapears in the reading view. 

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@Anonymous

Do you experience this issue in Power BI Desktop? I just tried to use it in both Direct Query and Import mode, both can work well as below. Is there any repro step I missed here?

Timeline Slicer Issue_1.jpgTimeline Slicer Issue_2.jpg

Best Regards,

Herbert

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi All,

Thanks for your replies. I have attached some screenshots. I have this issuse only for direct query. For import option it is working fine.

When i preview data for entire preriod i can view.

pic2.PNGpic3.PNG

Also i can preview data for before, and after. Only between option is not working.

Regards,

Maddy

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@Anonymous

I’m still not be able to repro the same issue as you. Please check my repro steps below to see if there is any difference with yours.

1. In Nov 2016 version of Power BI Desktop, get data from SQL Server with Direct Query mode.
  2. Drag a slicer and a column chart visual in canvas.
  3. Publish the report to Power BI Service.
  4. Go to report page in PBI Service.
  5. Select part of the date period.

Timeline Slicer Issue_1.jpg

Best Regards,

Herbert