Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Theme colors are ignored by custom visuals

Hi all!

I have an issue with custom templates: I cannot get any custom visual to follow the new colors! I am attaching a PBIX file to show what I mean. In my setup (last PBI release so far, downloaded today 27 June 2017) I can see the normal visualization with the new colors, but I get no results with the custom visual.

Is this not supported? I couldn't find any note about custom visuals, so I assumed whey would follow the same scheme as the others...

PBIX:

https://www.sendspace.com/file/5r9n2f

Custom Theme:

{
    "name": "Custom Theme",
    "dataColors": [ "#00B050", "#002060", "#918485", "#FF0000", "#FFFF00", "#0070C0", "#FFC000" ],
    "background":"#FFFFFF",
    "foreground": "#333333",
    "tableAccent": "#666666"
}
Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @marco6,

From your .pbix file, the custom visual barChart doesn't comes from the Office store, it should comes from Github (https://github.com/Microsoft/PowerBI-visuals-sampleBarChart). If that is a case, please post a new issue here .

Best Regards,
QiuyunYu

marco6
Frequent Visitor

Well... I don't think that it would be beneficial to post this problem there as it is not a problem with that specific visual, but AFAIK all the custom visual behave in the same way... As soon as I can I will try however other custom visuals as well.

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @marco6,

I would like to double confirm from you, the issue which you want to report is you are not able to change custom theme color for the custom visual, right? If not, please clarify the issue.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

marco6
Frequent Visitor

The problem I am encountering is that changing theme has no effect on any visual except for the standard ones. This happens for my self-developed one, for your examples (all) AND for the ones you can get from the office store (for example "Histogram Chart" or "Bullet Chart" or "Drill-down column chart" etc..).

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @marco6,

I can reproduce the issue. And already reported it internally: CRI 41142413, will update to you once I get feedback.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Accepted

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @marco6,

I got the information below from PG:

"This is by design, currently custom visuals do not support Power BI themes.

We have such item in backlog, but there is no timeline for it.

Workaround can be only customizing every custom visual according to it's coloring formatting settings that it provides."

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Anonymous
Not applicable

Still, it is in backlog (Power BI themes) or any updated status.?