Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

The Gateway Update (13-Jul-2017) Installation Failed

The On-premises data gateway July update fails to install. The Product version = 14.16.6359.1

There are several comments about this on https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/power-bi-on-premises-data-gateway-july-update-is-now-availa... but I didn't find anything here about it.

The uninstall does not remove enough  eveidence from the system to enable installation of an earlier version.

This is a major disruption to our Power BI implementation efforts.

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @BobHaze,

The on premise data gateway release a new version. When I go through the blog you provided, download and install the data gateway, the version display as 14.16.6390.2.

w5.PNG

In your scenario, please try to install the new data gateway again. If issue persists, can you show a screenshot which kind of error throw out?

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info

BobHaze
Frequent Visitor

@v-qiuyu-msft,

I downloaded from the gateway product page, https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/gateway/

When I right-click PowerBIGatewayInstaller.exe, and click 'Properties' the 'File version' shown under the 'Details' tab is 14.16.6359.1

BobHaze
Frequent Visitor

I tried installing on my own laptop as a personal data gateway and the installation failed. I uninstalled to try reinstalling with an earlier version and I receive the message in the attached jpg.

I spent a couple hours manually deleting every on premise gateway reference I could find from the Windows registry and it didn't help.

There is no gateway service running.

There is no gateway in my Programs & Features list.

When I try to install I receive this message.

2017-07-24_13-20-04.jpg2017-07-24_13-19-15.jpg2017-07-24_13-02-11.jpg

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @BobHaze,

From the screenshots, it seems that you are trying to install on-premise data gateway (personal mode), but there is a on-premise data gateway (personal mode) already installed before. Please try to delete the file under C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Power BI Gateway – Personal.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

BobHaze
Frequent Visitor

I forgot to mention that in addition to manually clearing the Windows registry I also deleted every directory folder as well. Everything I have done is still having the same result 😞

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @BobHaze,

I would suggest you create a support ticket to let the engineer look into your real environment.

Support Ticket.gif

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Delivered