Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Text.AfterDelimiter Bug in Power BI Service?

Hi,

I used the new beta feature Colum From Examples to create a column. It ended up giving me M code with the function Text.BetweenDelimiter. This was my first time to see this function and noticed there was also a Text.AfterDelimiter function that I changed it to as that fit my purposes. I refreshed the entire dataset within Power BI Desktop without any issues and then published to the Power BI Service.

When I looked at the refresh in Power BI Service later, the refresh had failed with the following error:

The import Text.AfterDelimiter matches no exports. Did you miss a module reference?. The exception was raised by the IDataReader interface.

I went back into Power BI Desktop and swapped out Text.AfterDelimiter with List.Last(Text.Split()) and published again. This time the referesh worked without any issue.

I have Text.BetweenDelimiters in use in other parts of the query, so wondering if there is a bug around Text.AfterDelimiter and the Power BI Service.

Comments
kajolaine
Regular Visitor

Had a problem with refresh also when the dataset contains a column "made by example" with PowerBI Desktop and the formula contains Text.BetweenDelimiters.

boujin
Advocate I

I'm now getting it on a different dataset that is using the Text.BetweenDelimiters. It was working fine over the past couple of days. Does seem like the team is working on this particular function or the rollout isn't consistent across the datacenters. 

Error today during scheduled refresh:

The import Text.BetweenDelimiters matches no exports. Did you miss a module reference?. The exception was raised by the IDataReader interface.

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@boujin @kajolaine

I cannot get refresh error in Power BI Service, but after refresh, there is no value in the added column which generated by Text.AfterDelimiter and Text.BetweenDelimiters function.

I’ve reported it internally to Power BI Team: CRI 35745047
I’ll post here once I get any update about it.

Text.AfterDelimiter Bug in Power BI Service_3.jpg

Best Regards,
Herbert

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Accepted

boujin
Advocate I

@v-haibl-msft. Thanks! I was seeing that too for some of my datasets. The blank columns. 

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@boujin

ETA is in May in the Gateway release and service side of update.

Best Regards,
Herbert

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@boujin

This issue should has already been fixed now. Please update your gateway and have a try.

Best Regards,
Herbert

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Delivered

hcontijoch
Regular Visitor

Hi, I continue facing the same issue today.