Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Table column header word wrap is disabled when you publish

I have created a report in Power BI Desktop and for some Table visuals I have enabled word wrap on the column headers, but when I publish the file to the service the word wrap is disabled again?

The data source for the report is a data model in a app workspace on the service. This data source points to a local SSAS Tabular model.

I have an identical model build in Power BI in another .pbix file with identical report pages and when I publish this the word wrap is still there in the service, so it might be a bug only for report with a Power BI service data source and perhaps even move specific to a Power BI service data source that points to a SSAS Tabular model.

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @sdjensen,

I'm not able to reproduce the issue on my side. Do you connect to SSAS tabular in a live connection originally? Please try below tips: 

1. Please update the Power BI desktop to the latest version (https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=45331) then test again. 

2. Please open the report which connects to the SSAS data model use Power BI service data source in Power BI service, enter the edit mode, check if you can enable the Word Wrap option for Column Headers. 

3. Please create a simple report with another data source eg: SQL database, then publish the report to service. Create another new report connect to this data model to see if the issue happens on service. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info

sdjensen
Solution Sage

I am not sure what you mean by "Do you connect to SSAS tabular in a live connection originally?"

I have an app workspace and in this app workspace I created a connection to my on-prem SSAS Tabular cube - here I can't do anything else but a live connection - I can't import data because it's not in Power BI Desktop.

I then started a new Power BI Desktop (already updated to latest december 2017 release) and build my report with a "Power BI Service" connetion to the tabular model connection in my app workspace. In the report I have some tables with word wrap enabled on the column headers in my table - it's working perfectly when building my report, but when I publish the report and open the report in the service the table settings is changed and word wrap is disabled.

I will attach a screenshot of my report from the desktop and service:

Power BI Desktop: Word Wrap enabled on column headers and it's working

WordWrapDesktop.png

Power BI Service right after publishing - deleted old version first and just entered edit mode to show you that word wrap is disabled:

WordWrapService.png

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @sdjensen,

>> I am not sure what you mean by "Do you connect to SSAS tabular in a live connection originally?"

From your description, I can see it's live connection. 

I have tested again follow your description, but still not able to reproduce the issue.

I guess the issue should be related to your Power BI service cluster. When you enter the report edit mode, can you turn on the Word Wrap option to make it work again? If issue persists, I would suggest you create a support ticket

Support Ticket.gif

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu