Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Table and matrix tooltips disappear after 5 seconds in PowerBI.com

In desktop and embedded the tooltip when hovering over a field in table or matrix is persistent.

When the report is published to .com the tip fades after 5 seconds.

Its particularly useful on wrapped text fields in the table to have the popup tip persist so the text can be read.

Can behaviour be made consistent, preferably permanent until focus changes, ideally configurable.

thanks

M.

Comments
Kieran
Advocate II

I confirm that I have also reproduced this issue. Hopefully this should be easy to fix since this issue only occurs in a very specific scenario.

RamySaroufim
Employee

Hello @Mackerel,

Thanks for your feedback.

I'm assuming the browser your are using for the Service is IE. Right?

The tooltip timeout is a browser settings. For example, the tooltip will stay forever (as you would expected) on other browsers.

We appreciate your feedback, and good news: we have plans for an updated tooltip that would match the behaivor you described on all browsers.

Also, another thing that may be a workaround for you, is to enabled Word Wrapping for the Table/Matrix.

Ramy.

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Accepted

Muhammad_786

Hi Dear All,

Am totaly new with power BI I want to start this amezing program for my company .I got some basic knowldge which is required fro this .I have one main issue that I want to work with my all fellow workers.Basically I want to be an admin for my company But i have no idea how can I handel this .I have in strating more tahn 20 persons I want to share data with them I try to distribute date through Row level Security but unfortunatly am not satisfied with this system .You guys have much experince with this software.It would be much appriciated if some body can guide me properly how can I handel this issue .Is ther any other system which I can use for security or I dont need.

Waiting for quick feedback.

Thanks