Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The ultimate Microsoft Fabric, Power BI, Azure AI & SQL learning event! Join us in Las Vegas from March 26-28, 2024. Use code MSCUST for a $100 discount. Register Now

Table Matrix Background Color

In the attached picture, these two tables have the same color gray visual background on a black page background. The former has the default background color (no color) for all of the headers and values. The latter has the rows, columns, and values formatted as the same color as the desired visual background.

With the first table, it would be nice to have the Header/Value default color resort to the desired background color, rather than "Seeing through" to the page background color.

Currently, to have desired Table Background color, Several formatting options must first be changed for each table. Especially very helpful is the desired visual background has any transparency value % (as the same transparency % is not offered in header/value formatting).

Table Background.PNG

Comments
raynok
Frequent Visitor

We also experiencing a problem and its also happening to the matrix preview.

http://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/matrix-preview-disappeared-or-rendering-incorrectly-when/idc-...

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

With the first table, it would be nice to have the Header/Value default color resort to the desired background color, rather than "Seeing through" to the page background color.

Hi @danielbyerley,

As the page background color set to black, to make the table header or value have it's own background color, you can change background color to specific color like below:

q2.PNG

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

thesword

Hi,

We use the Matrix preview and experienced problems from thursday last week. In our scenario we use a custom theme. It seems that removing the custom theme back to default solves our issue.

best regards

/carl

raynok
Frequent Visitor

Odd, my report matrix preview grid style on my power bi desktop is uploaded as "None" but when I look at the BI services it sets itself as default. 

1.png

I had to change it back to none plus had to fix the colours. No themes.

The other odd behaviour is this, the back ground colour as in the picture which is none is replaced in the BI services with white, therefor making it a problem. White text and white background dont work together. This happens to the row headers as well.

2.png