Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Subscriptions with Power BI Service data source

Hi all

I have an issue regarding subscriptions on top of a Power BI Service data source.

Some background info: I have 2 files; file A and file B. File A holds the data model and file B holds some reports on the model in file A.

File A has been published to the Power BI platform and has its data refreshed every 2 hours.

In File B I have created a daily subscription on one of the reports, but I never receive any messages.

However, if I create a report in file A and set a subscription on that report, I do get the message in my inbox.

Is this a known limitation or am I missing something?

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @roelanda,

I have reported this issue internally: CRI 37369811. Will update here once get feedback.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Accepted

SallyS
Regular Visitor

Any updates on this?  We are having the same problem with reports that are created with an Online Power BI source as the datasource-- reports are refreshed as scheduled, but no emails are sent to subscribers.

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi all,

The feedback from the PG:

"The recommended way for email subscription using PBIX is to put the pbix on onedrive for business and set a scheduled refresh on this pbix data source. "

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

roelanda

Dear Quiyun

How can it be that when we already pay for a service to create reports and send subscriptions, we have to buy yet another package to do the same thing?

This is a serious issue in my opnion and I regret this would be the solution.

Regards

Roeland

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @roelanda,

I have consult PG if there has any other options, will update to you one get feedback.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

roelanda

Dear @v-qiuyu-msft

Any update on this yet?

Thanks!

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @roelanda,

I'm still following up this issue with PG group. If I get the feedback, will let you kown.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

@roelanda@SallyS PG team aware this issue and will resolve it with the fix soon.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu