Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Sorting the Slicer

I raised an issue about this a few weeks back and accepted the solution but I now understand the issue a bit further and it appears inconsistent with the "nornmal" way of tirggering sort.

The ability to click on the word Sort By in order to sort and toggle between A to Z and Z to A seems to work fine in most cases except in a slicer when the item being used is in number format.  Then you have to click on the small Z ..A to sort min to max.

BUT you can then click on the actual words Sort by Fiscal Year to sort by Max to Min.

I asked 30 students to sort this slicer from min to max this week,   only 1 managed it.   i.e. not user friendly.

image.png

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @wynhopkins,

I have reported this issue internally: CRI 70830109. Will update here once I get any information. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Accepted

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @wynhopkins,

I got below information internally: 

We have completed a redesign of the Sort menu options. Previously, there were two click zones. Click field name to enable sort, click the very left edge of the same row would toggle ascending/descending sort. Default directions are desc for numbers, and asc for text. If you have a date, it should also be asc, but if you are using integer type for years we only know that it is a number and sorting by default is best practice.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

wynhopkins
MVP

Thanks @v-qiuyu-msft

I'm comfortable with the fact that the default sort order is Max to Min for values.

The "bug" here is the inconsistent behaviour of being able to the click on the field name to sort.

It works if the data type is text, or if the data is sorted Min to Max,   but does not work otherwise.

That is the inconsistency / design flaw and the thing the trips people up

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @wynhopkins,

Thanks for your feedback. Please see below response fromPG team: 

Please tell customer his feedback is welcomed, but to wait for the new UI and if he still has concerns to comment on the new UI. Complaints about the old UI aren't actionable since we've already changed it.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

wynhopkins
MVP

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft

I have the June version and the issue still persists.

Which "new UI" is being referenced?

Thanks