Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

AndyLamb
Regular Visitor

Sorry, that didn't work. There's a problem at our end....

I have used the Power BI service previously (within the last few months) and signed up with my work email. I have tried to sign in today and I get an error saying that my user name doesn't exist.

So I decided to try and sign up again but when I try to verify my account I get the following error.

Sorry, that didn't work

There's a problem on our end. We're working on it, so try again later

Any ideas how I can fix this?

Thanks

Andy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndyLamb
Regular Visitor

OK so after finally finding the right person to talk to it transpires that my user account has been removed by our administrators because of some integration issues, without consulting with me first! We've recently had our tennant merged into the main group's tennant.

The sign-in screen is being blocked by our firewall.

Thanks for all the help.

Andy

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
tony-cheng
Regular Visitor

Hi,

I got the same issue when I registerthe new trial Power BI Pro account. It always shows "Sorry, that didn't work. There's as problem, at our end ..." when I finished entering the verification code. Please kindly Instruct.

Regards
Tony

AndyLamb
Regular Visitor

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft

Yes I now know why I'm having the issue. I now have to jump through several hoops with group IT services to try and get access back.

Thanks for your help.

Andy

Hello, I'm having the same problem with my boss account for this email: fathi@sobhanoncology.com

did you solve it?

Kayvan Fathi

fathi@sobhanoncology.com

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @AndyLamb,

From your description, it seems that you find the cause of the issue, is the issue solved now?

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
AndyLamb
Regular Visitor

OK so after finally finding the right person to talk to it transpires that my user account has been removed by our administrators because of some integration issues, without consulting with me first! We've recently had our tennant merged into the main group's tennant.

The sign-in screen is being blocked by our firewall.

Thanks for all the help.

Andy

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @AndyLamb,

From the link that noSignUpCheck=1, I guess you can try to open Inprivate browser to sign up again.

Besides let IT check your account, you can also use Fiddler to capture the trace and share the file with us. You can follow this article to use Fiddler: Fiddler Trace Collection and Analysis.    

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
AndyLamb
Regular Visitor

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft

Sorry, I thought I'd replied to this yesterday but it doesn't look like it sent.

I tried in InPrivate mode and still get the same result.

I also tried just clicking on the sign in link from the Power BI site and it takes me to the below link but says page cannot be displayed.

https://app.powerbi.com/?noSignUpCheck=1

I'm checking with our IT dept to see if it's being blocked from our end.

Thanks

Andy

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @AndyLamb,

How about the result when you run the browser in InPrivate mode to sign in/up the Power BI.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

AndyLamb
Regular Visitor

Thanks for the feedback.

We aren't using office365, we're still only on Office 2010 connecting through exchange. Hopefully that upgrade will come soon!

Thanks

Andy

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @AndyLamb,

Which kind of the work email did you used to sign up the Power BI? If it's in Office 365, please let administrator check if the Power BI license for this specific user is checked. See: How do I remove Power BI for users that already signed up?.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors