Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Smart Filter by OKViz customer filter is not working fine after July 2017 update

After July 2017 service update, the configuration done for Smart filter got replaced by default settings in PowerBI service. Changes and format done for smart filter has been gone, it is affecting all our reports.

Behaviour of the filter has also been changed,

1. On selection of drop down list, two filters get opened parallely.  To close the list we have to click the drop down list again

2. On setting of "Send to back", while clicking drop down list is going behind the visual before selecting the values

3. On setting of "Bring to front", it will hide other visual behind no transperncy was there.

Error.JPG

Could you please check the bug at the earliest??

Comments
simonl
Regular Visitor

Same problem for me.  

The Smart Filter by OKViz needs space below it for the drop down but when not making selections it doesn't take up much space.  I've got into the habit of putting it at the top of a set of filters so when the dropdown arrow is clicked it drops down over visuals below it.  Sending it to the back of all the visuals it overlaps makes all of them selectable.  

Since the July update the Smart Filter drops down but it is semi-transparent, as in Saranya's example.  It not only looks bad, but the other visuals that are in front of it mean no selection can be made.  To make a selection you have to select the visual so it's active, after which it works as before.

It seems that the problem is because clicking in the search box, the eraser or the drop down button or the Smart Filter does not trigger the visual to be selected.

Simon

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@SaranyaRajappan  @simonl

Does the issues also happen in Power BI Desktop? (Based on my test, it seems that same behaviors are observed in Desktop and Service).

If yes, I think you need to contact http://okviz.com/support/ directly.

Please also try to download the latest version of this custom visual from https://okviz.com/smart-filter/ and recreate the Smart Filter visual in your PBIX file to see if it can fix some unexpected results.

Best Regards,
Herbert

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info

SaranyaRajappan
Regular Visitor

@Herbert

Same issue is happening in both PowerBI desktop and service. Have downloaded the latest version & checked in desktop, still getting the same issue.

Could you please let us know how it got auto synchronized in PowerBI service? As all our format done for smart filter is reverted to visual default settings. Parallely will check with OkViz support team.

simonl
Regular Visitor

@v-haibl-msft @SaranyaRajappan

Herbert,

Thanks for the reply.  I'd already downloaded and refreshed the visual on PBI Desktop but the problem remains.  I've checked on the Service and the problem exists there too.

I've raised the issue with OKViz support and will post an update here when I have any news.

Simon

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@SaranyaRajappan @simonl

This issue has also been reported to Power BI Team internally: CRI 42265611

I’ll post here once I get any update about it.

Based on my test, you can use Chrome instead of IE as a workaround currently.

Best Regards,
Herbert

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Accepted

SaranyaRajappan
Regular Visitor

@v-haibl-msft

We are getting same issue in chrome too. It seems the issue is not related to browser. Please check

SaranyaRajappan
Regular Visitor

@v-haibl-msft, @Vicky_Song

Please let me know if there is any update regarding the issue

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@SaranyaRajappan

Viz developer (External) is working on a fix. But we have no ETA yet.

Best Regards,
Herbert