Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Slicers aren't working properly in combination with the apply button

We have different slicers in our reports e.g. for selecting the date, store and so on. As a result of performance issues we've enabled "Show an Apply button and only send queries once for Slicer selections" (Settings -> Query reduction).

This worked great until recently - now there seems to be a bug after publishing the report. We're not able anymore to change the filter / slicer in the online report until we select "apply". Then we have to select or deselect another (only one) element and click "apply" and so on (instead of selecting and deselecting several elements and applying at the end). This bug seems to exist only in Power BI Online (Power BI Desktop is working properly).

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

Would you please record a small video to sow the issue about "We're not able anymore to change the filter / slicer in the online report until we select "apply". Then we have to select or deselect another (only one) element and click "apply" and so on (instead of selecting and deselecting several elements and applying at the end). "? 

Based on my test, after publish to service, select a value in the slicer, original selected values will be unselected, then we click Apply to filter values. 

Best Regrds,
Qiuyun Yu 

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft

Thanks for your response. In your video I've noticed that you've set the property "Single Select" (in Selection Controls) to "Off". You should be able to reproduce the issue by activating this setting to "On". Then try to select more than just one element without applying after every selection. Otherwise I'll try to record a small video.

Thank you and best regards
Dominique