Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Slicer font color bug (for selected slice)

A few days ago, my slicers layout got ruined: because its not possible to configure font and background color for either selected and unselected slices, we can only use force "default" colors for slicers.

I have a couple of horizontal orientation slicers. Dark grey as background color and white as foreground, right? Nope. Dark grey as background color, black as foreground color...

PowerBI Desktop - Dark Grey & white -> perfect

1.png

Published link (web) - Dark grey & black -> wrong

2.png

How can i solve this? Even better, when will we all be able to set colors for background and foreground (selected slices)?

Thanks!

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @cmauricio,

I'm not able to reproduce the issue on my side. Would you please download the our test .pbix file then publish to service and publish to web to see if the same issue occurs?

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

cmauricio

Hi,

Thanks for your answer.

I did as you asked me, and this is the outcome:

https://app.powerbi.com/view?r=eyJrIjoiNzg0NjA3NDYtZTdjZC00NWZkLTk4MzAtZDJlMTk4ODM3ODdiIiwidCI6IjA1N...

As you can see, foreground text (for selected slice) doesnt turn black, but the background colour doesnt change also

Thanks!

angusluo
Regular Visitor

I have exactly same problem, please help. It just happend and I've tried in different browsers, all with the same problem.

mlaiks
Frequent Visitor

Same problem. 

We developed few days ago our PBI solution on the Web and due to this problem our customer is not using the dashboard.

Please solve it!

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

@cmauricio @mlaiks@angusluo Regarding the issue that select the slicer items in service, the background won't highlight, which is reported before. PG already aware this issue, and the fix should be available around those days. See this same issue: http://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/Make-Desktop-and-Cloud-Slicers-Consistent/idi-p/179444

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-qiuyu-msft - Did anyone report already that there is a BUG on the slicer buttons (that are arranged horizontally) ? We are noticing since last 2 days, and there is no work around to this. Actually, selected slicer buttons are not showing the highlighted color, and simply adds a thin borderline around. I have Font color as white, and background as grey of the buttons (under Item settings). Earlier (before this issue), when a slicer button is selected it will have a black foreground with white font.

Can you please confirm or provide a resolution to this. I do have an interim solution of removing the background color of the buttons, and setting the font color as black. when I do this, selections look fine, and come as expected, but it is highly impossible to make this change on 100s of tabs across many dashboards.

Do let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,

kv13

The same issue here. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

The same issue here.