Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Slicer drop down

Hi,

I have a slicer, set as a drop down. The search function does not appear to be available. This is only a problem when the report has been published. It is available when in Power BI Desktop.

Slicer in PBI Desktop

As you can see, the search box is at the top of the items available within the slicer

Desktop.png

PBI Online - Search 

There is a gold/yellow marker on the Search item within the menu. 

Search1.png

PBI Online - No Search Box

I expected to see the search box above the items, like PBI desktop.

Search2.png

I have tested different browsers, Chrome & IE 11.  Is this a known bug?

Regards, Simon

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @simonmeacher,

Which Power BI Dekstop version did you used to create the report?

If I create a report in Power BI desktop version 2.41.4581.361, and publish the report to servcie, the search box display in the same position as one in desktop. See:

w1.PNGw2.PNG

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

rbaleche
Advocate I

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft,

I'm using the version 2.41.4581.361 and having the same issue.

After published, the slicer's search box disappear...

Note: this happens only with the dropdown option selected.

Regards,

Rafael

simonmeacher
Regular Visitor

Interestingly, we do not experience the problem when the report is opened in the apple app.

regards, Si

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @simonmeacher,

Does the issue happens to you use the Edge browser to sign in Power BI Service?

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

smarguin
Advocate I

Hi. I have the exact same issue. I use the Version: 2.41.4581.361 64-bit (November 2016). When I use drop down and I publish to the BI service, the seacrh box also disappear. 

Thanks

Sonia

smarguin
Advocate I

I am using Chrome. I have different lenghts for my lists. For short lists, the search bar appears, for longer one, the search box gets smaller or doesnt appear at all. It seems that the length of the list (and the fact that you have the scroll down bar) has some sort of relashionship with the issue. 

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

I can reproduce the issue if the slicer has long lists in IE 11 and Chrome browsers. This issue is reported: CRI 28776963. I will update here once I get the feedback.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu