Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Sharing from Groups to non pro users

As of yesterday all of our dashboards in groups which were shared directly with other non-pro users are no longer accessible by non-pro users.

Is this intentional?

Comments
akraus
Frequent Visitor

We've the same problem since yesterday!

Even a dashboard just containing an images displays the warning

"This dashboard contains Power BI Pro content. Only users that have Power BI Pro will have access to it."

andreperche

Same here.

Cant access, even a dashboard just containing an images displays the warning, too.

Any change in the last days?

Nuria_Carol
Advocate I

Same problem here. I also replied to another comment about this:

http://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/It-is-asking-now-for-power-bi-pro-shared-dashboard-to-a-free...

They say this was an issue (being able to share contents from a workgroup with members outside thhe workgroup with a free account), so now they fixed it and it cannot be done anymore: 

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/Fixes-to-Power-BI-Pro-License-Required-Dialogs/m-p/113391#U...

Kevinw

Same issue.  I am using super basic data (CSV and Excel) so shouldn't have issues from that.  I am also only trying to refresh once a day which also shouldn't be a Pro feature, yet, when I turn on auto refresh my dashboards become a Pro situation.  If anyone hears of a fix I'd love to know too!

DaveRuijter
Advocate II

You're working with O365 Groups, that's a PRO feature.

Nuria_Carol
Advocate I

Yes, DaveRuijter, for this reasom I have PRO account, and all Office365 group members (dashboard developers) have also PRO accounts. However, view-only users of our reports, who ARE NOT part of Office365 group, who see the dashboards in their personal workspaces (we share them individually to each end user), they DO NOT have PRO accounts. And I do not understand why they need them because they are not using groups at all. 

FawadRehman
Helper I

I am having the same issue, We have 2000 user to view our dashboard, we are only 2 developers with BI pro, rest of the users are on free BI version.

Any answer to this issue?

djnww
Impactful Individual

Power BI Team,

Have you considered the impact that this change has made to large organisations ?

You cannot just disable report sharing from Workgroups when you have allowed it for 2 years.

Companies that have been sharing Power BI reports through Workgroups for corporate reporting now have ZERO reporting as suddenly you are forcing us to upgrade the whole organisation to PRO users. 

Can you please provide a response to this issue ? Companies (we have 10,000) that have invested themselves in Power BI over the past 2 years should not be suddenly be left without reporting capability. There should have been some change management involved.

Regards,

D