Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

SharePoint:Request Failed

I am having an issue with my scheduled refresh. I have various reports with links to excel files in SharePoint. 3 days ago (after refreshing just fine for about a year), two of the excel files keep throwing a SharePoint: Request failed error and causing the refresh to fail. 

I have been able after resetting all of my data credentials several times to get the reports to then refresh successfully manually. I downloaded the pbix, saved the excel file under a new name in SharePoint, and updated the data sources. Then I republished the report and it refreshed fine on first import. 

That was this morning. The first scheduled refresh occured about 5 minutes ago and it errored out with the same Request Failed error. It makes no sense to me, as these reports have other SharePoint excel files in them that are working just fine, it is just these two excel files. 

If I try and refresh manually, I get the same error. If I reenter all of my credentials again, and then refresh, sometimes it will go through.

Any help would be appreciated, I can't keep refreshing all of these manually. See below for the error

Capture.JPG

Comments
v-haibl-msft
Employee

@sarafenwick

I cannot repro the same issue on my side. I suggest you to create a support ticket at http://support.powerbi.com (see bottom of page).
If issue is resolved, you can share the solution here later to help others who have the same problem.

Support Ticket.gif

Best Regards,
Herbert

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Delivered