Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Select All, Single Selection doesn't work properly in some cases

When you go under Selection Controls and click Select All and Single Select,  it still allows you to have multiple selections.  You do this by selecting All and then deselecting the ones you don't want.   Basically, this causes you to be unable to have both Select All and Single selection, which I use quite a bit and run into this problem.

POWERBI3.png

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Humpjs,

Select Options -> Select All is controlled the Select All option in the slicer visual. As long as the Single Select is off, we can select multiple values by click many values. When Single Select is on, we can also use Ctrl+ click to select multiple values.

Do you have any concern now?

Best Regards,
QiuyunYu

Humpjs
Advocate I

Hey QuiyunYu,

Thanks for the answer, but I don't want the user to be able to select multiple selections at all when Single Select is on, not matter if they do Ctr+click or not.   I want them to only be able to select one item no matter what.    I maybe I'm  misunderstanding the intent of the Single Select option?

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Humpjs,

The issue has been reported before: CRI 42936782.

This is actually by design for now. We do not support a pure single selection mode right now. The single select mode is just indicative of if in non-inverted mode, when clicking on one item, clear the rest of the selection. But if select all is enabled/selected and then one starts deselecting items or even in normal mode if you CTRL + Click on items, you can multi select. 

We have a request to have a pure single selection mode. but that is not supported right now.

For your requirement, you can vote on this idea: single selection slicer.

Best Regards,
QiuyunYu

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Delivered