Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Search Box on Slicer Missing

Hello,

The Search Box on the Slicer Visualization seems to have a bug when a PBIX file is loaded to the Power BI Service. This issue is affecting the drop-down format of a Slicer. Also it seems to only affect Slicers with a larger amount of items. When there are 2 or 3 items in the slicer the search box will appear however if there are 20 plus or more items it is not working. I've tried several different browsers, so I don't believe that is the issue. Below are screenshot showing the search box has been enabled and the missing search box when you select the drop down. Please help!!! We're on the verge of rolling out hundreds of new Power BI accounts and this is a serious issue when you have large slicer needs.

Search On.jpgSearch Not Showing.jpg

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

We already reported this issue: CRI 28776963. I will let you know when the fix is released if I got the information.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

robrien6
Advocate IV

any update on this issue?

robrien6
Advocate IV

Also how come the same incident number is referenced for a different problem? :  https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/Filter-not-working-in-Matrix-Visual/idi-p/107278

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

I'm sorry for typo. Thanks for your remind. I already correct it.

Regarding the issue, PG is working on it now, and I haven't get the information when the issue will be fixed. If there is new information, I will let you know.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-qiuyu-msft, your link is not the same issue as what i'm expressed here. It's reagarding the search function in the slicer. It's a pretty large issue as this is something we rely on a daily basis. Any ideas of when this can be resolved? It's really impacting our use of Power BI.

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Accepted

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

I got the information that the fix should be pushed out on the service in a few weeks.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the update @v-qiuyu-msft, I'm glad it's scheduled to be resolved. I wish it was a bit sooner though. We've become reliant on Power BI and this is severley impacting daily functions as we utilize this function daily.

sharan1
Regular Visitor

I have the same issue however I have also noticed that Power BI Desktop is now showing the same symptom. I have just loaded the January update and can no longer use search when I'm in the PBI Desktop app. Previously the issue only appeared on powerbi.com after I had published the package.

bswylie
Helper I

I too have the problem in Power BI Desktop. Would love a fix as soon as possible,