Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Search Box on Slicer Missing

Hello,

The Search Box on the Slicer Visualization seems to have a bug when a PBIX file is loaded to the Power BI Service. This issue is affecting the drop-down format of a Slicer. Also it seems to only affect Slicers with a larger amount of items. When there are 2 or 3 items in the slicer the search box will appear however if there are 20 plus or more items it is not working. I've tried several different browsers, so I don't believe that is the issue. Below are screenshot showing the search box has been enabled and the missing search box when you select the drop down. Please help!!! We're on the verge of rolling out hundreds of new Power BI accounts and this is a serious issue when you have large slicer needs.

Search On.jpgSearch Not Showing.jpg

Comments
mike_honey
Memorable Member

I'm having this problem also, in Power BI Desktop.  

I'm also disappointed there isnt more urgency in the fix when you have broken existing functionality.

It seems almost every monthly release there is a series of breaks to existing functionality.  I'd be happy with a slower pace of functionality in the releases if there was more testing to avoid these breaks.  These issues are creating a perception of a flaky product.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Definitely agree @mike_honey. I'm having to go back into almost all of our reports and make adjustments because it has rendered them all ineffective. Not a good experience to an organizaiton whose become reliant on Power BI. Please prioritize things that break after you update them vs new functionallity. Otherwise we're just left with a bunch of cool features that don't work.

gooranga1
Power Participant

We are getting this to. Just as I changed a whole load of lists to dropdowns. Now having to change it all back which is frustrating.

kimani
Power BI Team

Hi folks. We have a fix for this issue. It will come out with the February release of Power BI Desktop and a bit sooner on the service. Sorry for the trouble! 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the updated @kimani, This is much needed!

nlevin
Frequent Visitor

I totally agree with the comments.  This has caused production issues for one of my large customers.  We desperately need this pushed out on the service as soon as possible!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi guys,

It seems to work for me now. Could anyone confirm?

Regards,

O

sharan1
Regular Visitor

Hi!

I can see the search box now on the web client however I still can't click in it so I still can't search. Will keep testing today in case we're being updated after you (EMEA roll-outs seem to be slightly behind the US). Hopefully the desktop will be fixed soon as well

Sharan

mike_honey
Memorable Member

I've got chaos - perfectly working search boxes on app.powerbi.com for one tenant, but for another it works only in List mode (in Dropdown mode the search box is visible but you can't click in it, as described by @sharan1 above).  The working one is hosted in Australia Southeast (Melbourne), the broken one is hosted in Singapore (AFAIK).

With the the latest PBI Desktop build ( 2.42.4611.901, Date Published: 1/20/2017), it seems to only work in List mode - in Dropdown mode the search box is not visible.

I'm hesitant to ask any of my other clients - this is an embarrasing mess.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yesterday I discovered that in all my report published is not usable the search box (before with Firefox was possible).

I'very seen that in the Web version of power bi (not in power bi desktop) there is the same issue.

Hope in a prompt fix because this functionality it is really important for daily operations.