Search Box on Slicer Missing

by MikeThibs Regular Visitor on ‎01-05-2017 04:39 PM

Hello,

The Search Box on the Slicer Visualization seems to have a bug when a PBIX file is loaded to the Power BI Service. This issue is affecting the drop-down format of a Slicer. Also it seems to only affect Slicers with a larger amount of items. When there are 2 or 3 items in the slicer the search box will appear however if there are 20 plus or more items it is not working. I've tried several different browsers, so I don't believe that is the issue. Below are screenshot showing the search box has been enabled and the missing search box when you select the drop down. Please help!!! We're on the verge of rolling out hundreds of new Power BI accounts and this is a serious issue when you have large slicer needs.

Search On.jpgSearch Not Showing.jpg

Comments
by Moderator kimani
on ‎03-09-2017 09:54 AM

Awesome - thanks for hanging on while we got that fixed! Sorry for the trouble. 

by MojoGene Member
on ‎04-15-2017 06:36 PM

I am still seeing irregular behavior with the slicer search fuction in both list and dropdown mode. The slicer search function works fine with text fields--when I select the ellipsis in the upper right hand corner I have a "Search" option, but I am seeing no search option when the field in the slicer is numerical or date. Clicking on the ellipsis in the upper right hand corner of the slicer does not give an option to select "Search." Is this intentional? I have over a thousand items in a numerical list. This requires a search function for the slicer to be useful. Thanks.

by XMonsterX Frequent Visitor
on ‎05-09-2017 09:46 AM

Hi Guys,

Microsoft may not have solved this, but there is already a solution in the custom templates. 

https://app.powerbi.com/visuals/

The custom visual that works with the search bar is called "Smart Filter by SQLBI"

I've downloaded and used this on my work PC (That I don't have admin on) and I haven't had any issues downloading or importing. 

For anyone who doesn't know how to import a custom template, you need to download. Open Power BI desktop. Click the Menu button. Select Import. Choose import custom visual.

Happy intellegence.

David

by Tamerlane Frequent Visitor
on ‎05-18-2017 08:10 AM

I can confirm that this is still an issue that randomly pops up. The custom visual is a good alternative but not a solution since it works a bit different than the standard slicer.

Idea Statuses